- Students & Alumni
- CALS Career Day
As a Territory Sales Manager Intern I:
- Attended trade shows across the state of Iowa (World Pork Expo, Iowa Cattleman’s Association Beef Meets, Simmental Junior Nationals).
- Helped put on a nutrition clinic called Kent Nutrition Group University for Kent dealers and producers.
- Called on 15 Kent dealers throughout SE Iowa (delivering projects, promoting projects, answered questions, and made feeding suggestions).
What did you enjoy most about this internship?
There were many positive outcomes that came along with working for a company such as Kent Nutrition Group, but I enjoyed working with great people the most! I interacted and communicated with fellow Kent employees and interns, dealers and producers. Surrounding myself with passionate people each and every day played a substantial role in my internship’s success.
How has this experience impacted your future career plans?
I have been very fortunate to experience three separate internships throughout my time here at Iowa State University, all of which were in agriculture. This summer, I found my passion! I had the opportunity to communicate with people while working in the livestock industry. I traveled across SE Iowa helping dealers and producers better their own businesses. I enjoyed my internship immensely, and fortunately, I have been offered a full-time position with the same company. I am extremely excited about my future in agriculture with the Kent Nutrition Group.
What resources did you utilize to obtain this internship?
- Mike Gaul and the Career Services Office
- Career Fair in October
- My Network of Contacts (previous internships and employers)
What advice would you offer to other students seeking similar internships?
My advice to offer students seeking similar internships would be to step outside of your comfort zone, try new things, continue to build relationships, don’t burn bridges and take pride in what you do each and everyday!