Name: Brad Kruse
Major: Agricultural Systems Technology
Hometown: Dyersville, IA
Company/Organization: CNH, Proving Grounds Intern
Location: Burlington, IA
Describe your internship responsibilities:
- Provide Support to the test engineers and their projects.
- Assist with product acceptance and customer events.
- Manage field test machines and field testing progress.
- Create technical reports for design engineers.
- Organize areas of the shop and label them for 5S.
What did you enjoy most about this internship?
- Learning new things while building upon the basic things I already had.
- Hands on experience that applies to my academic and career goals.
- The great employees that I worked with.
- Trying something new.
How has this experience impacted your future career plans?
- This experience has prepared me to work in a professional atmosphere.
- I have learned how to use many different forms of technology that are critical to my intended career path.
- Communication skills- Not just with a manager, but with engineers, technicians, operators, current and potential customers. Each has a different purpose and expected outcome.
- Industry contacts and experience- most employers are looking for individuals with some sort of industry experience.
What resources did you utilize to obtain this internship?
- Spring and Fall Career Fairs
What advice would you offer to other students seeking similar internships?
- Do not be intimidated by companies and internships.
- Stay calm and be honest- the more comfortable you are the easier it is to interview.
- Utilize the career fairs, Career Services Office, and CyHire- these are free services there to help you succeed.
- Be passionate about what you want to do and work hard to get there.
- Prepare- communication skills and knowledge of the company show up easily during an interview.